Sunday, November 6, 2011

To buy or not to buy?

As I have mentioned before, one of the reasons I am writing this blog is so I can look back on it and remember what I was doing and thinking along the way.  Well, I have come to a crossroad and I haven't been able to make a decision.  Should I buy curriculum or not?

I have heard from so many people one of their biggest regrets was purchasing curriculum when their kids were little.  They either thought it was too stressful or not really necessary.  I have pretty much agreed with them...until now. 

I feel like my family (especially my oldest) needs to be challenged a little more, plus, she thrives on structure.  My feeling is, if I start the "schooling" now, they will know what will be happening on a daily basis.  Granted at this age, it only requires about 30 minutes each day, but it will be part of our morning routine. 

Pros to buying                                                       

More structure in the house
Kids will be challenged
Kids will learn something new everyday
We will have the curriculum when we are ready and will be able to go at our own pace


Cons to buying

Spending more money
1 more thing we "have" to do
They are still very young


As you can see, it is a tough decision, but hopefully I will be able to make the right decision in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment