Sunday, October 14, 2012

1 down, 3 to go!

Today was a big day for me.  Today, we finished our first quarter of school!  For those of you who don't know, a school year in the state of Kansas is considered 180 days or by my curriculum 36 weeks.  Today, we finished week 9 and I cannot express the joy it has brought.  I probably would not have noticed, however, some of the books we have been using, we finished today.  My first reaction was a little sad.  We are done with these books already??  Then I got totally pumped because I realized we are a quarter of the way through the year and I am still feeling energized and have no complaints on the homeschooling front. 

Laney finished her first book cover to cover and she has been telling everyone that has come through the door.  She is so excited to move onto her next book.  I have kept it put up in hopes to still have the same enthusiasm come Monday morning.

I truly can't believe how fast the time has gone.  In my mind, the best part is that it doesn't even seem like we have been doing official school.  To me, we have basically just been living life, having fun, and doing a little learning along the way.

Wish me luck for the next 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment