Wednesday, May 8, 2013

An End of an Era!



As most of you know, I have been pregnant and/or nursing since May 2007.  That is six years of having a baby on me or in me at all times!!  Well, I am happy and sad to say that part of my life is coming to a close. 

My baby is turning 1 this month so I have been working on switching her to whole milk.  I have been down to her morning feeding for a couple of weeks, but haven't been ready to let it go.  We are talking the 6 am morning feeding, so you would think I would be ready.  I would look down at her every morning and ask myself if I would be OK if this was the last one and surprisingly, the answer would always be no.  Well, Sunday morning, the answer turned to yes and for me, that is the end of a very big part of my life.  Am I sad?  Oh yes!  Am I happy?  Not quite yet, but I am looking forward to what lies ahead.
  • Today I slept until 7 without any interruption.  Just a reminder, I have not done that in 6 years!!
  • My husband and I are going on vacation at the end of the month without kids, I'm not pregnant and I don't have to bring a pump.  This is a first seeing as how we got pregnant on our honeymoon.
  • Once my body adjusts, I am going to go shopping!
  • I have had my last Flintstones vitamin (I have been taking 2 a day as a prenatal vitamin)
Just a few examples of the simple things that will change without a nursing baby.  I know there are many more things that will change as we enter our next phase in life and I am looking forward to enjoying every single one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment