Sunday, January 22, 2012

Daily Chores

Before we officially start homeschooling in the fall, I want to have our daily chores established.  I have been thinking about this for a while, but didn't really know what chores to start with for a 4 and 2 year old.  We have been starting off slow, but this seems to be very effective.  We are doing our chores completely and with enthusiasm.  I ask the girls to make their beds in the morning and help set the table for dinner at night.  As I am getting out their clothes in the morning, the girls work together to make both of their beds (I just want to say, it is super cute to watch!)  They each pick a side and pull up the sheets and comforter and put on their pillows, then they move to the next bed.


When they are finished, they are so happy and proud of themselves!  They may not be the best made beds ever, but they sure do look good to me!


As for setting the table, they are all about it.  They bring in plates, silverware, napkins and cups.  As a side note, this also keeps them occupied while I am trying to finish cooking.

Pretty basic chores, but we like to take it one step at at time around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment